Today this beautiful 14 week old Chocolate Labradoodle puppy Maddie came in for her first puppy groom today!
Puppy Grooming / What we did:
- Bathing (lavished with love)
- Tow Dry/Handheld hairdryer
- Light brush out
- Nail trim
- Ear cleaning
- Light trim around the face
- Sprits with perfume
Maddie really enjoyed her puppy groom! She even got a cute bow tie!!
Why is it important:
Puppy grooming is vital for any pup, it doesn’t matter the breed, so they don’t find it too daunting. It’s good for them to also learn that a brush/comb is not for eating, neither is the groomer!!
This doesn’t mean giving them a full groom straight away or cutting their hair. It’s getting them used to the essentials such as brushing, bathing and being dried.
Some breeds will need regular grooming as they get older, it’s best to introduce them to being groomed as early as possible.
If you overwhelm them when they are young by doing too much they can be more difficult to groom. If you don’t feel comfortable grooming them yourself, take them to Barks ‘n Bubbles where Michael can introduce them to each stage properly!!
Things to do before the first visit:
- Ensure that your puppy is comfortable being held by gently touching all parts of his/her body ahead of his/her first visit.
- You’ll want to make sure they’re comfortable being held by holding them yourself as much as possible.
- Introduce your puppy to a brush at a young age and show them there is nothing to be afraid of.
- Gently brush them, building up the time spent brushing them each day. If they get stressed or over agitated stop brushing.
- Ensu re your puppy is used to their paws being held and their ears been touched.
- Play sounds such as hairdryer, water running to him/her to get used to sounds.
What Maddie says:
Cuddles and kisses!!!
AHHH whats that – “Dont worry just the clippers, they wont get you – Today”.
Play play fun fun puppy groom – aaaaahhHHHHHH whats that – The dryer.
More cuddles and kisses!!
Do I have to go!!!!! I loved my puppy groom!! You should book now!!
It was all new exciting and a reason to dance. New people, new smells, new sounds and the Zoomies!!
Make sure to follow our Blog!!! If you have any questions ask away!!